Code of Conduct
All Chop's members are required to agree to a Code of Conduct which ensures that Chop's remains a safe, respectful and fun places for teens.
As a club member I agree to be responsible for my choices and respectful to myself, those around me, my environment, Chop’s Teen Club and the neighbors.
I will respect myself by:
- Not using or distributing tobacco, drugs, alcohol or weapons in or near Chop’s Teen Club
- Choosing my words; not swearing, hurting others or provoking conflict
- Alerting a responsible adult about inappropriate touching, behavior or conduct by anyone - this includes members, staff, volunteers or anyone else
- Acting with honor by not stealing, cheating or lying
- Striving to keep a positive attitude about events occurring around me
- Participating at least twice yearly by voicing my opinions at a Chop’s Member Meeting
- Being aware of my personal belongings and keeping my valuables with me or in the lockers at all times.
I will respect others by:
- Respecting other peoples’ personal space and boundaries
- Avoiding and discouraging violence and harassment around me
- Respecting other people’s property, possessions and ideas
- Treating others how I want to be treated and working out conflicts in non-violent ways.
I will respect my own environment by:
- Using garbage cans for trash and recycling my bottles and cans
- Keeping the building free of vandalism and graffiti
- Not chewing gum in the building
- Properly disposing of trash when in Chop's neighborhood